Spare Room in your house? Spare room in your heart? Come and find out about Essex Shared Lives!
We are recruiting Shared Lives carers to offer support and friendship from their own homes and communities to vulnerable people aged 16 and upwards. The Shared Lives scheme is different to traditional care options as the person visits or stays at the carer’s home, spending time as part of their family and in their local communities. This could be on a long-term basis where the person lives with them full time or for a couple of nights a month.
You could receive £250-£550 per week but more importantly, you could change not only your life, but someone else’s life too.
We will be in the following locations to celebrate Shared Lives week so why not come and join us, meet some existing Shared Lives carers and find out what it’s all about.
- 16 June - Brightlingsea Carnival
- 17 June - Country Show Heybridge
- 18 June - Redwings Ada Cole Epping
- 19 June - Wat Tyler Country Park Basildon
- 20 June - Clacton Pier and Beach
- 21 June - Harlow Town Park
- 22 June - Barleylands Craft Village Billericay
- 23 June - Colchester Food and Drink Festival
- 24 June - Craft Festival Chelmsford