MacIntyre Learning Centre recognises the need for people to have a wide variety of experiences, challenges and to enable them to have a direction and choice in their chosen path.
• The Duke of Edinburgh award scheme
• Employment skills and supported work and volunteering opportunities
• IT, photography and creative design
• Horticulture, animal care, rambling
• Setting up social enterprises
• Daily living skills, communication, independence, friendships
• Flower arranging, pottery, sewing, arts and crafts
• Relaxation therapies, music therapy, dance and movement classes and yoga
New Routes: Horticulture and Woodwork Project
New Routes is an inclusive two acre site set in Victoria Park and accommodates a large polytunnel, raised beds, large fruit orchard, woodwork cabin, education cabin and a healing garden. We offer a very person centred approach and people using the site can take full advantage of this as a work based activity or as a therapeutic place of enjoyment.
• Developing horticulture and life skills
• Work training
• Planting, growing, cultivating and propagation skills
• Tree and land management skills
• Making garden ornaments
• Tool safety and management
• Maintenance and management of the site
We are also lucky to have some Adapted Bikes on site for people to use for fun and exercise.
We also run a community café, The Old School Dining Room, from Fairfield & Howley Community Centre.