Building on the success of MacIntyre School and in response to requests from local authorities, MacIntyre developed the Hillside children’s home in Leighton Buzzard, approximately six miles from Wingrave. The home opened in the summer 2012, and supports up to 5 children/young people from the age of 14 to 19.
Hillside benefits children and young people who require support in a smaller group setting and have their education/therapeutic intervention fully met by MacIntyre School, as day pupils. Additionally, it is utilised for young people coming up to transition to enhance their skills for independent living with the delivery of a curriculum focusing on independence, community living and preparing for adulthood.
To find out more about Hillside Road please contact Jennifer Marshall, Head of Service on 01296 681274 or email email@example.com
Date of last inspection: 1 to 2 June 2017
Overall experiences and progress of children and young people: Good
How well children and young people are helped and protected: Good
The effectiveness of leaders and managers: Good
Key findings from this inspection
This children’s home is good because:
- The children are becoming increasingly independent.
- The children are becoming more able to interact with each other and with people in the community.
- The children are achieving exceptionally high levels of school attendance.
- Parents and family members are positive about the care that the children receive.
- Children receive care from a consistent and committed team of staff who know them very well.
- Children have positive, gradual transitions into and out of the home.
- The staff use personalised social stories and scripts to establish the children’s routines.