To mark the beginning of Mental Health Awareness Week, we are sharing a few lifestyle tips, mental health statistics that may surprise you, as well as ways we support our staff's wellbeing.
Did you know that...
- Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year?
- MacIntyre supports employees with mental health through our employee assistance service and Occupational Health
- Regular exercise releases ‘feel good hormones’?
- MacIntyre has held mental health workshops? Keep an eye out for further workshops later this year.
- In England, 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (such as anxiety and depression) in any given week?
- You can access lots of information about mental health from MacIntyre’s EAP provider, Lifeworks?
- Drinking water regularly throughout the day is an easy, effective step to take in our efforts to be as mentally healthy as possible?
- MacIntyre has signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter for employers who are positive about mental health? You can access this site here for further information about mental health or about the charter.
Free wellbeing resource
Recently, our Health, Dementia and Wellbeing Team were delighted to share 'Five Ways to Wellbeing', a free resource which details proven ways to improve your personal wellbeing. This is available to download below.