It was a fabulous day at the Milton Keynes Dragon Boat Festival at Willen Lake on Saturday.
MacIntyre was the official charity for this year’s event, some of which was also filmed by All4’s Extreme Cake Makers as we were gifted an incredible dragon themed cake by Oak FurnitureLand following their store reopening that morning. The cake was made by Rosie Cake Divawho features on the TV programme. The episode is expected to be aired in the Autumn.
Congratulations to Brinklow Barbarians (Kuehne + Nagel), Milton Keynes Dragon Boat Festival 2018 Champions!
So, to the results:
- Brinklow Barbarians (Kuehne + Nagel) – 62.22
- The Dragonoldiers (Little Star Media) – 62.55
- The Wild Hogs 2 (Cranswick PLC Milton Keynes) – 66.96
- Titanic (Jarvis Group Ltd) – 67.33
- Loh Mann Left Behind (Lohmann Technologies UK) – 67.72
Mixed Crew Champions:
- The Dragondoliers (Little Star Media)
- Energie Fitness Milton Keynes
- Row Hard or Row Home (KPMG)
Brinklow Barbarians (Kuehne + Nagel) who raised over £840 of a total of more than £13,000 raised so far for MacIntyre and won the prize meal at Melis Restaurant, sponsored by Merinvest.
Best Dressed Crew:
The Dragondoliers (Little Star Media)
The full results can be found on Gable Events' website.
Particular thanks to
- the Gold crews: AFL Hyperscale, Alpha Club MK, Calverton Finance, EDW Technology and Team, Jarvis Group, Little Star Media, SMC Pneumatics (2 teams)
- the Silver crews: AC Plc, Forticrete Ltd (2 teams), Rockwell Automation and Willmott Dixon Construction
- all the teams who raised sponsorship for MacIntyre
- everyone else who made the event happen: Ruth’s Floral Design Studio for the beautiful flowers, Touch Media for producing the souvenir programme, Melis Restaurant & Merinvest for providing the prize for the top fundraisers, Vanessa Barton Photography official event photographers and Rob and the team at Willen Lake for all their assistance.
All funds raised from the event will benefit people MacIntyre supports in Milton Keynes.
We’re already looking forward to doing it all again next year!
By the way – the MacIntyre Vikings team came 41st out of 41 teams! It’s not too late to sponsor them for their efforts.