On 29 May, MacIntyre's Director of Adult Services Emma Killick led a webinar on 'Supporting people with learning disabilities to live longer, healthier lives'.
In the webinar, hosts Emma Killick and Jenny Anderton from Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, explore the realities of supporting people with a learning disability as they grow older.
The webinar covers:
- An overview of the NICE guideline, how it was developed and what it covers
- Involving people, family members, carers and advocates
- Raising awareness of potential health needs
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- The importance of health checks, including the annual health check
The webinar can be viewed by visiting the SCIE website.