Today we are sharing a film featuring Craig Dougan, a Support Worker at MacIntyre, who shares the steps he takes to protect people he supports from financial abuse for National Safeguarding Adults Week.
Top Tips for preventing financial abuse:
- Involve the person as much as possible
- Apply principles of Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Keep clear records
- Store records and money securely
- Regularly check the money matches the records
- Managers should regularly inspect and audit records and monies