Karen - receiving a diagnosis of dementia
This case study is about a lady called Karen, who is supported by MacIntyre at a Registered Care service.
Alongside being born with Down’s Syndrome, Karen was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease in 2014. Since Karen’s diagnosis, staff have done their utmost to provide the best possible support for Karen.
In this case study you will find:
- background information about Karen
- history of Karen's healthcase
- a summary of the concerns leading up to Karen’s diagnosis
- timescale of Karen's diagnosis
- reflection on what worked and what didn't work
- what has happened since Karen’s dementia diagnosis
- adaptations to Karen’s support
- the impact on Karen's quality of life
- what does the future hold
Are we making a difference?
We would love to hear if and how our resources are helping you support people with learning disabilities and with dementia or various other health needs.