This week saw one of our favourite days of the year at MacIntyre: our annual awards ceremony for our staff.
Marjorie Newton Wright Awards
The Marjorie Newton Wright Awards are named after one of our founders, and they celebrate all the many ways in which people working at MacIntyre demonstrate excellence, both for the organisation and for the people who draw on our support.
This year's ceremony (which we like to refer to as MacIntyre's Oscars) was introduced by Sebastian Moh, our Quality & People Director. He had this to say:
Huge congratulations to all our colleagues who have been nominated for this year’s Marjorie Newton Wright awards. We have had so many wonderful examples of the amazing work and contributions taking place across MacIntyre. It has been truly inspiring to read all the nominations, which are testament to the care, creativity and commitment to embodying our DNA across MacIntyre.
The judges have been impressed with every single nomination, and although there can only be one finalist, everyone nominated is already a winner. Thank you for your contributions to making MacIntyre a fantastic place, to live, work and learn. Because of our people, MacIntyre is indeed a special organisation and this award ceremony provides an opportunity to value and celebrate each and every one of you!
The ceremony itself was huge fun. We had a newly-formed choir singing and signing It's a Wonderful World. We had a moving piano performance from a young man who draws on our support. We ended with the MacIntyre Dancers getting everyone on their feet clapping and joining in.
What a day!
Celebrating our winners
You can see our winners and runners-up celebrating in the photo above, and below is a film in which we reflected on just some of the things we've been celebrating this year.
The Winners and Runners-up
We'll be sharing people's individual stories and nominations soon, but... drumroll please... here are our winning staff for 2023:
- Winner – Wendy Castle, No Limits Oxfordshire
- Runner-up – Zandra Mok, Wingrave
- Winners – Morrell Road Staff Team, Greater Manchester
- Runners-up – Southview Close Staff Team, London
- Winner – Wendy Cook, Warrington Adult Services
- Runner-up – Catherine Bradley, No Limits
- Winner – Scott Twycross, Leicester Outreach
- Winner – Karen Angell, Warrington Lifelong Learning
- Winner – Kathryn Yates, Manager
- Runner-up – Katie Cresswell, Bentley Drive, Shropshire
- Winners – Alex Smith and Zofia Fuller, Wingrave
Learning & Development Champion
- Winner – Amandeep Panesar, Wingrave
Outstanding Frontline Employee – Children and Young People
- Winner – Timothy Trille, No Limits Oxfordshire
- Runner-up – Mark Sawtell, No Limits Milton Keynes
Outstanding Frontline Employee – Adult Services
- Winner – Katie Cresswell, Bentley Drive, Shropshire
- Runner-up – Caroline Stephens, Montfort Fields, Herefordshire
Inspirational Leader – Children and Young People
- Winner – Jennifer Marshall, Wingrave
Inspirational Leader – Adult Services
- Winner – Antoinette Kotula, Crosby Close, Hertfordshire
We're already looking forward to next year!