In the latest episode of the 'MacIntyre Families Podcast' Nicola Payne, MacIntyre’s Family Engagement Consultant talks to Jane Nickels, our newly appointed Learning Disabilities Admiral Nurse.
Within her role, Jane engages with staff at MacIntyre and people we support who may have a confirmed diagnosis, or suspected diagnosis of dementia, in addition to providing advice and support for their families.
"I'm looking forward to hopefully giving that support to families and being someone to talk to about their concerns, where I can, and signposting them to services that can help them get through that difficult time."
- Jane Nickels
In this episode, we cover:
- The role of an Admiral Nurse
- The Admiral Nurse Helpline
- Plans for 'dementia champions' at MacIntyre
- Feelings of loss and guilt when a loved one is diagnosed with dementia
- Reasonable adjustments at GP appointments
Link to resources mentioned in the episode: https://www.dementiauk.org/get-support/dementia-helpline-alzheimers-helpline