MacIntyre’s Corporate Partners, Willmott Dixon, who have been working with us since 2016, will be developing a summerhouse for people we support in Waring Close in Leicester between 6 – 17 August for the Willmott Dixon Trainee Challenge. This will provide much-needed space for people to enjoy relaxation sessions, music and art therapy.
As part of the Willmott Dixon Training Challenge, we were delighted to be asked to give suggestions of projects that would fit with the criteria of:
- Tackling Social Exclusion
- Inspiring Young People
- Community Transformation
These fit so well with MacIntyre’s values and purpose and we are grateful to Willmott Dixon for choosing Waring Close in Leicester as the beneficiary project for 2018.
Merle Davis, Area Manager for MacIntyre in Leicester said:
“We are very excited to see the space at Waring Close transform from what was a tired garden to a fantastic place for the people we support to relax and have art and music therapy sessions. We know that this will make a huge difference and we want to express our immense gratitude to all the team working on the Willmott Dixon Trainee Challenge.”
As part of the Trainee Challenge, the team are hosting the Willmott Dixon World Cup this Monday 30th July at Fullhurst Community College, Leicester. Kick-off is at 4 pm so please show your support and gather your family for a BBQ, raffle and lots of fun and games! Entry is free for children and just £2 for adults.
We would also like to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to Willmott Dixon for so many things, including:
- Using our catering services
- Donating a TV for a raffle prize
- Entering a team into the 2017 & 2018 Milton Keynes Dragon Boat Festival (dressed as Superheroes we might add!)
- Running in the MacIntyre relay team for the 2018 MK Marathon
- Taking part in a sponsored head shave
- Buying cakes and distributing them around the Milton Keynes Willmott Dixon sites as part of MacIntyre’s 'Time for Tea' event
- Knocking down walls and revamping Fletchers Mews