To mark the fourth day of Dementia Action Week, we are shining a spotlight on our Easy Read Dementia Statements.
In 2010 Dementia Action Alliance and Alzheimer's Society released 'The Dementia Statements' which have continued to evolve. These statements came directly from people living with dementia about their experience and what was important to them.
In response, our Health, Dementia and Wellbeing Team worked with people who have a learning disability to make these statements accessible for all.
These can be found within our dementia resources
- We have the right to be ourselves
- We have the right to carry on with day-to-day and family life.
- We have the right to quickly find out about medical problems or diseases.
- We have the right to be respected.
- If we want to we have the right to take part in dementia research