The latest episode of our MacIntyre Families Podcast is here! In the sixth episode, MacIntyre's Family Engagement Consultant Nicola Payne welcomes Carly Morrissey, MacIntyre’s Transition Co-ordinator. as the special guest.
Carly supports people transitioning from Assessment and Treatment Units and acts as the 'bridge' between health care professionals and families.
In this episode, we cover:
- What is an Assessment and Treatment Unit?
- Latest figures on Transforming Care
- What an ideal Transition might look like
- Involving the people we support in our recruitment process
- Building trust between teams and families
"The team isn't just us as staff and the person, it's their family as well and having them involved in every step."
- Carly Morrissey