As it is the final day of National Co-production Week, it is the perfect time to highlight a project that has allowed us to work together and learn from people with learning disabilities; the Great Communities project.
Working alongside Community Catalysts, we are aiming to discover the skills, gifts, and knowledge in people with learning disabilities in Warrington. Below are five key reasons why the Great Communities project is essential.
- Through the Great Communities Project, we aim to help people with learning disabilities find ways to apply their skills
- The project is vital to ensure that people who are not supported by MacIntyre are not forgotten
- The project allows people with learning disabilities the opportunity to be part of their communities and improve the lives of others by contributing their knowledge and talents
- It will result in communities that are much more inclusive of people with learning disabilities
- The project enables people to do more for less, through personalised community support
If you would like to learn more about the Great Communities Project, please visit our Community Innovation page.